how to deactivate a user that did not signed in

Paolo G. Calisse January 26, 2017

HI,

I recently sent an invitation to join our JIRA to various collaborators. However, some of them declined to be part of it.

The problem is that Atlassian is charging us for the TOTAL number of user, active or just invited However,  I couldn't find a way to withdraw the invitation as it appears to me there are only 2 options regarding a user: (1) deactivate and (2) resend the invitation. 

I have to say I consider pretty unfair that Atlassian charges my organization for the total number of users, even those that haven't yet signed in. However, any way to remove a user that has been invited but has not yet signed in and will never do that?

Of course I could ask them to sign in to let me deactivate their account. But because this applies to a pretty large number of people, I would prefer to do it asap by myself rather then waiting for them to do that (some of them will never...).

Thanks, 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

OK, I found the way: 

I had to click on the name of the user to find the "deactivate" option in the upper right corner. 

Akshay Shah April 8, 2020

Thank You

Like Sridhar Tirumala likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2017

I don't quite understand the question - you say there are 2 options - deactivate or resend the invite.  That's fine, just deactivate the ones who will not use it, then they won't count towards the licence.

Nic,

Thanks for the answer.

If I go to Site Administration -> Users Management, I can see the list of users. On the right, there is a link with written OR "Resend" OR "Deactivate".

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 3.12.04 PM.png

Where is the option to deactivate a person I have invited but that has not yet signed in? It seems to me I can only resend the invitation to her/him.

Elijah January 27, 2017

Is there a way to bulk deactivate users that have not logged in lets say in the past 90 days or never logged in?

Like Darshan Deshmukh likes this

Suggest an answer