how to create departments / teams? Edited

Hi,

I just started to use JIRA and i would like to seperate the service desk project to
multiple departments with different agents per department.

we have 4 sites on different location around the country and we want our customers will select their help topic or service and then will also select thier department.

the final step is make a filter that will assign the ticket on a specific agents or department :)

*we also want to make tickets visible only to their department*

Thanks,
Sahar

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Sahar,

The easiest way to separate all 4 departments in the intended way would be having 4 different Service Desk projects, each with its own Customer Portal's URL and, optionally, its own email address channel.

That way you would be able to easily set each SD project:

• Viewable just by the correct department, by including just users/groups from the appropriate department to the Service Desk Agents project role.
  • With its own project leader, making them the default assignee of every issue created on the project.

The approach of having just one SD project for achieving what you want is more complex, but possible:

• Create an Issue Security scheme with a Security Level for each department (named as the appropriate department) adding a different group to each of them (to which all users from the relevant department should belong) ensuring to add (at least) the Reporter issue role to the security level.
  • Set each of the customer portal's requests with the Level field, being shown to the customers with the name Department.
  • Set 4 custom Automation Rules like:
    WHEN Issue is created
    IF Issue matches: level = <department name>
    THEN Edit issue: set the desired assignee

I'd personally recommend the first approach, as it would be a much simpler solution and it wouldn't require your customers to select any departments on every ticket they raise.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

78 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you