how to create a filter that uses issue and sub-tasks fields together in one query

Sanjay Nanda March 31, 2014

For e.g. I want to write a query that shows all subtasks assigned to me that are status!=committed and that have parent issue (for specific fix version & in committed state)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2014

Are you using ondemand or self-hosted JIRA, as you would need Script Runner plugin for these kind of searches. Script runner plugin is only available on self-hosted.

see here- https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-Subtasks

Sanjay Nanda March 31, 2014
Thanks Tarun and Sakthi for the reply. I could use Script Runner to achieve this. Below is the query:
issueFunction in subtasksOf("status = Committed") AND status != Committed AND assignee = <loginid>
0 votes
Sakthi Balaji March 31, 2014

Hi Sanjay,

can you pls try with this JQL QUery in the advance search issues screen

project = "project_name" and status != "ur required status" and issue in subtaskIssuesFromQuery("project = 'project_name' and status = 'ur required status' ")

Sakthi Balaji March 31, 2014

You can add assignee ="ur name in the query"

and whatever criteria you wanted in the query

Suggest an answer