how to create a dashboard for customers avoid showing internal only tickets ?

Mauricio Martos October 8, 2019

I´m looking  to create a dashboard for customers .

I´d like to avoid sharing information with customers about tickets that we classified as "Internal use only" . 

These tickets  are not accessed  ( one by one) by customers once we classified as  "Internal use only"  but they as "added" to the total amount of tickets . 

2 answers

0 votes
Mauricio Martos October 9, 2019

I used 

level not in ("Internal Only")

instead of 

level != "Internal Only"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

If you are using "issue level security" to "classify" your issues, then you can share any dashboard with a customer - Jira will simply not report on any data that is classified. 

Can look a bit odd when an internal user looks at a dashboard and then a customer does, the customer will see lower issue counts, fewer results in filters and so-on.

Mauricio Martos October 8, 2019

Nic .

Thanks for your prompt response .

Currently the syntax I´m using is :

project = "XYZ Brasil Servicos Ltd - XYZ" AND level != "Internal Only"

despite there are many "Internal Only" tickets , I got a 

No issues were found to match your search

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Ok, I would drop the "level !=" part of it, you do not need it.  Imagine you have 5 issues, with "internal only" set on 2 of them. 

You, as an internal user (matching the rule for "internal only", which I guess is something like "group = internal users") can look at the dashboard, or search, etc and you will see results based on 5 issues.  Someone else, without "internal only" access will see results based on 3 issues.

Keep the search simple, it helps with debugging!

Like Deniz Oğuz likes this

Suggest an answer