how to copy screen/screenScheme/IssueTypeScreenScheme via JIRA API

BrianL June 14, 2018

From JIRA admin page, i can see the "Copy" button to copy screen/screenScheme/IssueTypeScreenScheme. is there any JIRA API on this?

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018
BrianL June 14, 2018

hi @Mark Markov, i looked the two api before, but i only see "create" new screen/scheme but not "copy" the existing one.

"create" new screen/scheme would need to get the field layout of the source screen (taps, fields) and then add to the new one. Lots of things needed in this way. So i'm wondering if there is any straightforward function like copyWorkflow (link below), that would save lots of work.

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.6.1/com/atlassian/jira/workflow/WorkflowManager.html#copyWorkflow-com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser-java.lang.String-java.lang.String-com.atlassian.jira.workflow.JiraWorkflow- 

Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2018

Unfortunately there is no straightforward method like copy. To copy you will need to get existing schemes, layoutitems etc. and based on this objects create new one or use some plugin like @[deleted] mentioned before.

Jnr November 12, 2020

I tried to copy the whole project:

/rest/project-templates/latest/createshared/{projectId} 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-create-project-with-shared-Configuration-via-REST-API/qaq-p/650062

0 votes
Deleted user June 14, 2018

Hi @BrianL,

You can do it by using the JIRA Command line (CLI) Interface add-on. Here is the link

This add-on will meet your requirement.

Regards,

Gangavath Kishore Kumar.

Suggest an answer