how to configure requirement coverage when tests are related to multiple projects.

mangala koladur November 28, 2022

Currently we have jira projects for management and corresponding xray test project for each management project to manage test cases.

Earlier only we used xray to maintain software tests , but eventually other teams have also  started using the tests.

We have different test repository in different test projects(for example , all test with respect to PLC are in one project , with respect to EMC are in different project ).

Now the challenging part is , how to use these tests under common project?

For example: I have P1 test project where all the tests related to P1 are documented, but I also execute some common tests which are in different test projects like P2,P3 tests . So I thought I will pull these tests in the project P1 and execute and add to the P1 test plan . But problem I am facing is with requirement coverage. 

In this scenario say Test T1 is executed in execution E1 in Project P1 and is mapped to requirement R1 of P1 and also executed in E2 or project P2 and is mapped to R2 of P2, how can I configure requirement coverage such that test run of T1 only for that project is calculated? 

Say T1 is with PASS status in P1 and FAIL in P2 , I want R1 to reflect as OK since the test case is passed for that respective project.

1 answer

0 votes
mangala koladur November 30, 2022

any solutions for my problem ? or any other suggestion how to handle common tests applicable for more then one project?

Suggest an answer