how to configure mail notifications

Uriel Assor January 12, 2016

how can a user configure his mail notifications?

for instance - 

a user will only receive a mail notification if he is mentioned in the comment or if the ticket is moved to a certain inbox. the user doesn't need to receive a notification mail any other activity on the the ticket.

is this configuration possible?

3 answers

0 votes
Uriel Assor January 13, 2016

yes, but if i want to receive a notification only when the ticket reaches a certain inbox? 

is it possible to configure the settings in way that i will only watch a specific issue when it reaches a certain stage?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2016

What do you mean by "inbox"?

Uriel Assor January 13, 2016

a certain stage on a board. example- if i create a ticket and send it to r&d board, i don't want an email every time the status of the ticket is updated. i want an email when the ticket reaches a certain stage or status on a board. is this a possible configuration?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2016

I'm afraid that doesn't make sense. "A certain stage on a board" - I guess that means "a move from one column to another", but then you say "... send it to r&d board" which implies you are making a change that removes it from one board and makes another include it. (you don't "send to a board" anyway, that's nonsense, the boards select the issues based on the data on the issues) Which is it? Do you mean "change column"? Assuming you do, then you need to understand the workflow for the issue. A workflow has a set of status, and you move the issues between those status using "transitions". All transitions have a function on them that says "fire an event". An event can trigger other actions, with the one we're interested in here being a "notification". If you look at the notification scheme for the project, it lists all possible events, and is a set of rules that say "when a particular event happens, send email to people matching a rule" So you need to edit the workflow so that it fires the right events for your purposes, and then the notification scheme. I'd guess that you want to stop most notifications for "issue updated", and most of the transtions, but then have one for "transition into the column I am interested in" (A board is just a view of a list of issues divided into columns according to their status)

0 votes
Roadmunk January 13, 2016

Users can be notified on a specific issue, when they add themselves as a watchers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2016

Users can't do that.   Admins need to set up an appropriate notification scheme for the project.

Suggest an answer