how to configure JIRA installed in linux

RRJ March 24, 2015

4 answers

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2015

As Nic mentioned, I agree that Puppet is a good way to do it. If I were you, a way to do it is:

Install JIRA in the standard way (by browser). Then, copy the main file configuration (server.xml, confluence.cfg.xml, database dump, etc) and create a script to automatize it on the next installation. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2015

You can do this with some automation tools (puppet for example), but to do it, you need to configure a working JIRA, work out which bits are "variable" (database connection, base url, Tomcat config to get it on the right url, proxy settings for web-server if you're using one, user directories, etc etc etc) and set up your preferred automation tool to be able to pre-prepare them.

0 votes
RRJ March 24, 2015

I want to configure JIRA without using browser, is there any way to do if yes please let me know.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

Is there a particular issue you are having?

Suggest an answer