how to check the JIRA logs in JIRA-Cloud

SHANAVASH MOHAMED June 21, 2018

How to check the JIRA logs in Jira-Cloud version any option is available ?

Thanks

Shajan

4 answers

11 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

Jira Cloud does not have the ability for site-admins to be able to see the logs that the application.  There is an existing feature request for this over in JRACLOUD-46206 : Provide the ability for Cloud Admins to access application logs.  If you find this and just want to see the logs, then please watch/vote for that issue.

That said, if you're here because you have a problem like the one above, I would suggest that you create a technical support case with our Cloud support team.  Our technical support team will have access to more logging of that application.

You can make this kind of request by going to:

Only site-admins, technical, or billing contacts on paid Cloud sites will have the ability to create such support requests.  Admins of site on the Free plans can still complete this form, however they and other non-admin accounts from all site will have their questions directed here in Community instead for support per our Atlassian Support Offerings.

I hope this helps.

Andy

2 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

Hi, Shajanshaki.

I'm afraid it's not possible to check Jira logs in Jira cloud version.

Kind Regard
Suren Raj

Cameron McKay May 6, 2020

@Suren Raj How do I diagnose this error then?

Mouse_Highlight_Overlay_and_Bulk_Operation_-_JIRA.png

Like # people like this
Gourav_Sinha June 17, 2020

Hey, 

I also have the same problem, now I am stuck and not sure how to proceed. 

Gourav

Like Kevin Foster likes this
Emil Breznik July 12, 2020

Having the same issue as Cameron. Any updates on this?

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
July 14, 2020

Hello everyone, 

There is an audit log feature in Jira Cloud : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/auditing-in-jira-applications-818578846.html could you let us know which specific info you would like to see which is not there ? Maybe it would be provided by the Audit log of Atlassian Access, but the ones in-products are already quite detailed imo

Kevin Foster October 22, 2020

@Hermance NDounga  - It's hard to say what information isn't there that we'd be looking for. Because this is cloud, we don't have full transparency into what's available like we would on server.

I can't necessarily speak for everyone, but basically if there's an error that pops up from bulk operations that has a vague (and not very helpful) error of "Please refer to jira logs for more details" we need to see those logs, otherwise there's no troubleshooting path available, and it may as well just say "error". 

Alternatively, it could simply print the error(s) inline rather than, or in addition to logging it, which would prevent the need to find the correct log and then search through the logs.

For me, the ask is better error handling more so than an absolute need for accessing the logs. I'd like to know what issue(s) in the bulk operation failed, why, and (ideally) what steps I might take to fix it. 
delete.jpg
(For the record - I just ran this bulk operation that errored out - I checked the Audit log, and there's not been an entry for 2 weeks, so there's nothing for me to check. It appears to me that the Audit log that's available for our use is being used more for changes to the system/workflows/custom fields than for error logging.)

Like Mirka Vatajova likes this
Eliad Cohen January 27, 2021

I have an error on my automation rule and I don't know why it was failed 

image.png

How can I access the `log file` to see the reason.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Bill Skoda September 25, 2023

Same problem. Using Jira Cloud, migrating ticket from one Jira Project to another. Jira message states, "Error while performing bulk operation on issues. Please refer to Jira logs for more details". Unable to diagnose why ticket failed moved. 

0 votes
David Russell June 24, 2021

After a server to cloud migration, I can't create an issue.

This is the error:

JiraCreateTicketError.PNG

The Audit Log contains no entries related to this.

What to do next?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2021

Suggest an answer