how to change status of newly added column

Kiran_Nandedkar November 27, 2019

Image 2.png

How can i change status of column which you can see marked in black? I added new column called "Development finished" and just dragged and dropped status Cancelled to the column so that column is visible on board. But i dont want that status but i would like to have status called "Development Finished". How to do it?

1 answer

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

Hi @Kiran_Nandedkar 

In order to use a status  it must be created and added to the workflow.

If you have a Simplified Workflow you can do this via the board configuration. Else you'll need an admin.

I can see your workflow isn't simplified as the 'Simplify Workflow' option is shown.

A simplified workflow is owned by the project and not used anywhere else in Jira.

Check out this article

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-the-simplified-workflow-764478004.html

Best

Tom

Kiran_Nandedkar November 27, 2019

so basically i need admin rights thats it?

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2019

Hi @Kiran_Nandedkar 

As the Simplify Workflow button is showing you must have project/board admin rights already.

If you simplify the workflow all your transitions will become global i.e. you will be able to move an issue to any other state. If that is acceptable, you will then be able to manage the workflow and states from the board.

Tom

e.g

workflow a

Non-simplified.png

will become workflow b when simplified

all.png

Suggest an answer