how to bulk create project versions?

flaviocarmo December 1, 2014

Im importing several projects to JIRA from CSV but when i map the issue version, the importer cant create the versions on the project, making me manually create more than 100 versions. This is a crazy job, because i need to create more 5 projects, all with 3-5 years of developing, so the versions are already released.

There is a way to bulk create this versions, like import a CSV too?

4 answers

0 votes
flaviocarmo December 2, 2014

Thanks all for your answers. I did it using the great JIRA REST API. I made a little app, reading the versions from the CSV. Pretty simple. wink

Shawna Morris July 29, 2019

Do you  have details on how you achieved this? I'm going to need to add standard versions for every JIRA project that we have (roughly 60) and would just like to create a csv and have the API run through that. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Gregory Embree December 13, 2019

@flaviocarmoWould you be willing to share the app?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

Another option to bulk create versions is to use the JIRA REST API. 

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

You can import the projects using an add-on like Configuration Manager for JIRA which will create all the required configuration for you (version, components, schemes) and then just import the data from CSV. 

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2014

JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) has addVersion and releaseVersion actions. You run it directly, script it, or use csv with runFromCsv.

Suggest an answer