how to automate up gradation of jira plugins

random_thoughts January 9, 2019

i am trying to upgrade jira plugin through ansible playbook ... let me know any possible ways to resolve this.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2019

Hello,

While upgrading add-ons is always a good idea, you should consider testing these upgrades prior to upgrading in production. We would suggest you have a staging environment to test against to ensure any updates do not negatively impact performance or the user experience. You may find more about about using a staging environment at Establishing staging server environments for Jira applications.

There is a REST API and Java API available for you to integrate with the products. The REST API does not have any functionality to update add-ons. The Java API can be used to create add-ons. With this said, the Java API does contain multiple classes which reference plugins. You may be able to find something within the Java API that will allow you to interact with plugins. You may find move about the Java API at Atlassian JIRA - Server Latest API.

I hope you find this helpful in providing some guidance on best practices for updating plugins and a path to explore for automation of plugin tasks.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer