how to automate date range updates for weekly reports

Jasdeep Joga
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2024

I created a report & Dashboard using filters but I have 6 different project pages that need weekly reporting.

I am currently using a simple filter shown below to gather some data elements but the date range has to be manually updated every week for the dashboards and reports to work. 

project = Enrollment and statusCategory = Done

AND resolved >= "2024/06/29" AND resolved <= "2024/07/06"

Is there a way to automate the date range?

1 answer

2 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2024

Hello @Jasdeep Joga 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are you trying to show the information always for the current week, or the previous week, or ?

If you want to show the information for the current week plus the last day of the previous week (Saturday through Saturday) you could use this:

resolved >= startOfWeek(-1d) and resolved <= endOfWeek()

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/jql-functions/#startOfWeek--

Jasdeep Joga
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2024

I am trying to find data from Friday to Thursday but I will look into sat to sat.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2024

Would that be for the past Friday through the next upcoming Thursday?

If you want Friday through Thursday, inclusive, then use:

resolved >= startOfWeek(-2d) and resolved <= endOfWeek(-2d)

Sunday is the first day of the week for this function, and Saturday the last day of the week.

If you want to go from the last Friday that would be 2 days before Sunday (the startOfWeek day). If you want to go through the next upcoming Thursday that would be 2 days before Saturday (the endOfWeek day)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events