how to assign an issue to particular user and the transition should not show to other user.

Thota SRI CHARAN
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 26, 2019

hi all,

I'm trying to assign the ticket directly to a particular user & assigning it but the problem is the transition is showing to all users. I don't want to show the transition to others. which post function has to be used to execute the transition ?. please help me.

it is the first transition, I removed default open status to the transition and added some other transition in place of open status. so before reaching the first status when the ticket raised, it should be directly assign to a assignee to whom it was assigned and i don't want the transition visible to other users in the project.

which condition or post function is used for this transition ?

thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

@Thota SRI CHARAN  Hiiiii

First of all if you dont want to show a transition to a specific group you must define a condition in that transition on worfklow (e.g only assignee can transit this issue in this transition). And for assign issues to specific user on specific transition you must define a post-function. 

Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

@Thota SRI CHARAN  

And if on create transition you want to dont have condition to define who can raise issues so in permission you must restrict create issue permission to your role or group of users or specific user.

Suggest an answer