how to Automate workflow transitions based on Customfield?

Prasad Nagarale January 21, 2020

how to Automate workflow transitions based on Customfield with options.

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Hey @Prasad Nagarale 

with one of the available apps on the marketplace is the short answer. The long answer is, what do you want to achieve? Do you want to trigger transitions based when a field changes to a certain value or do you want to use a transition, provide a field value and want to happen things in the context of a transition/workflow? There are different solutions possible here. :)

Best, Max

Prasad Netaji N January 21, 2020

Hi @Max Foerster - K15t

I want to add screen with custom field values to transition.If i select one value from custom field issue has to move next status,and if i select another value issue has move another different status.Please help me out 

Best ,Prasad

Prasad Netaji N January 21, 2020

As per your suggestion i am prefering to second one is trigger transitions based when a field changes to a certain value.

Thanks

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Hey Prasad,

so for anything in the context of a transition, I'd say have a look at the usual suspects on the marketplace (filtered for top-rated Jira Workflow apps) just to mention a few:

• Jira Workflow Toolbox (full disclosure: that's our app 🤘🏼)
  • ScriptRunner
  • Jira Misc Workflow Extensions
  • JSU

For automating in the context of a field changed event are different options available as well:

• Automation for Jira, which has recently been bought by Atlassian. So I would take a look at it.
  • Automation Toolbox for Jira (again, full disclosure: our app, too 😁)
  • Autoblocks for Jira

So maybe have a look at some of the products and make up your mind how you'd prefer to solve this and then have fun implementing it! :)

Best, Max

Suggest an answer