how should I pay per user in company ?

serge ivanov December 13, 2021

I would like to use Jira in our company

for example in company there are 10 people and we have 20 projects

should I pay 10*$7.5 = $75 per month ?

or I must pay for each person for each project ?

(If person X is on 2 projects, I must pay $7.5 or $15 for this user ?)

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Projects are irrelevant, it's the users each system is set up for.

If you have three Jira servers, one with 25 users, one with 50 and one with 100, you need three licences, a 25, a 50 and a 100.  It doesn't matter what access any user has to any projects.

So, yes, if person X is using a single Jira instance, you'll be paying $7.5 for them to use it.  If they're using one project only, it's $7.5 for them.  If they're on 2 projects, it's $7.5, if they're on 10 projects, it's $7.5

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi @serge ivanov ðŸ‘‹

It's a good question, when you pay for user licenses it's based on the number of users not the projects they are associated to, so your initial calculation would be correct. 

I'd just like to also make you aware that as of February 15, 2022 PT, users will no longer be able to upgrade or downgrade their user tier for their Jira Software Server license(s). After this date, they'll need to migrate to Cloud or Data Center to change their user tier. This is all part of the end of support for Server coming February 2, 2024 PT.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer