how do issue security levels let you control which user (group) can view an issue

Martin Dullemond August 11, 2016

the article https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html says 

‘Issue security levels are created within issue security schemes and let you control which user or group of users can view an issue.’

However, I fail to see that explanation. I have created levels, and setting the value of the field in an issue is working fine. But how do I control which users can view the issues with a security level?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2016

Each level has a set of rules which state who can see the issue when it is set to that level.  (e.g. level 1 might say "admins", level 2 says "admins and group X", level 3 says "admins and role Y", etc)

Have another look at the section of the doc you've referred to that is headed "adding members to a security level"

0 votes
Fedor Vidal August 18, 2016

How we can configrure this to allow users group to only see a specific Issue Type?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2016

You'd need to set up a security level that blocks users from seeing an issue, then apply it (ideally in the workflow) to each issue is not of that type.  Then for the issues they should see, don't set it.

0 votes
Martin Dullemond August 11, 2016

Aha... adding members to a security level works in 2 directions: (a) it defines which users can set that level for an issue (b) it defines which users can see the issues.

Suggest an answer