how do i migrate my Jira on Prem to cloud without loosing any data

devOps NIBSS October 12, 2019

i have been using jira prem for a few months and we purchased jira cloud and started using it.

Now we are ready to migrate the the prem data to production.

Kindly share guidelines so we dont loose data. we have data on prem and in the cloud

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2019

Is this a simple "move Server to Cloud" or are you trying to merge from Server on to Cloud?

I have data on both instances that I do not want to loose. So I will say merge to cloud. As we want to only use the cloud instance going forward

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2019
Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
devOps NIBSS October 16, 2019

Thank you

I have been able to run all back ups, but when I try to import it fails with  " There was an error importing file. Please try again or choose a different file

0 votes
gaetan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2019

Not an expert on migrations, but it appears you cannot migrate from Jira Server to Jira Cloud without overwriting existing data on your Jira Cloud instance.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/migrate-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-972349848.html

However, you can probably migrate all your Jira Cloud instance data to your Jira Server first and then everything back to your Jira Cloud instance.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-multiple-instances-of-jira-cloud-779160767.html

Merge server to cloud as I have data on cloud that I do not want to loose

Suggest an answer