It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how do i close a sprint

4 answers

Hi Glenn,

To end the active sprint:

1. Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
  2. Click Active sprints.
  3. If necessary, select the sprint you want to complete from the sprint dropdown.
  4. Click the Complete Sprint button.

let me know if it works.

I don't see any Agile down arrow in the top nav...
Tried accessing my active sprint board, but the "Complete Sprint" option is now available for these sprints I'm trying to close, despite all issues are done...

Any help would be much appreciated. 

I have created a quick Jira tutorial on this if video format is better for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oLWOpoCm8E

Like # people like this

The video was very helpful. Thanks so much.

I'm going to start at the "home" page, just to be complete. So, if not there, click the Jira Software graphic in the top nav bar to get to the default (assuming you've not changed that) "home" page.

Click the Projects dropdown and select the one you want to close a sprint in. Skip to LINK.

----

If you're already up in the Jira you'll have the sidebar nav.

Seek the Taco Rack on the left sidebar nav bar, labelled "Active Sprint", and click it.

----

Now, atleast on my local Jira (v8.4.1):

LINK

In the upper-right there is a not-so-obvious link "Complete Sprint".

Click that and you get a modal that has options. In my case I have a couple of rollovers, despite being awesome.
So, I'm going to choose to move to a newly created, sprint (that I'll start after closing the now-expired sprint). There is also an option to dump undone tasks/stories/bugs, to the Backlog.

I really like Jira, the UI/UX, but this was a pain.

I was trying to close a sprint but it detects all my issues are incomplete, which we have already completed.

Any reason why this happens?

I have the same issue. 

No option to close the sprint so it remains open. I check all issues and they're all closed. 

Been using Jira for over 1 year straight as the power user and still can't figure how to close a sprint. 

UX and UI is very clunky.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

344 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you