how do I view ALL icons for priority

Tyson Bickelmann May 22, 2018

I can get to the issues - view priorities I can even edit the icons and colors thats wonderful but when editing a priority and selecting "select image" to change the icon, a list of 5 icons show up. How do I see ALL of the icons? This is pretty frustrating and seems strange to not be able to see the icons I can select from. How do I know what is available to me? I have tried to just go to the path with no luck (i.e., name.atlassian.net/images/icons/priorities/) but just get a 404. There must be some place I can go to view whats available?

Here is an image of what I see when I click select image...

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 11.17.07 AM.png

5 answers

7 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I can see that Jira Cloud is not really providing sufficient means for admins to be able to see the existing available icons available for priorities (default or custom).  In turn I have created a bug ticket to try to address this over in JRACLOUD-74639.

I believe this limitation is something that is held over from Jira Server, where admins are expected to have control and access over that particular filepath.  Since that is not the case in Cloud, there is not an easy way for you to see all the available icons right now.  That said, the work-around that Thomas mentioned of entering the filenames directly does still work.  But again, I see that work-around is not ideal because you first need to know the filename and second because you can't see what it looks like until the priority is created. 

Regards,

Andy

7 votes
Mat Chavez July 30, 2018

Here's a very quick capture for visual reference.

visual list.png

Boran Gögetap August 24, 2018

Thanks for this overview!

Like Pelle Boese likes this
5 votes
Mat Chavez July 30, 2018

Also, dear Atlassian... Could use a set of about 50 of these things... 8 colours per shape, please. And just put a handy chart below that are beyond just the standard 5.

0 votes
Tyson Bickelmann May 22, 2018

Hi thank you for responding but I do not believe that is the case we have not added icons and currently this is what we have set.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 12.13.25 PM.png

Notice the icons for high, medium, low, lowest we have not added those they came out of the box like that and they are within the same directory as the "default 5" icons you mentioned and are listed in my other photo. Either way like I said they are within the same directory and I need access to see whats in that directory /images/icons/priority/ I have tried to navigate to that dir but can not...how do I see all of the images/icons within that directory so I know what is available to use.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2018

Hi @Tyson Bickelmann,

I've looked at my server installation and found the following system icons in /images/icons/priorities:

• blocker.png
  • blocker.svg
  • critical.png
  • critical.svg
  • high.png
  • high.svg
  • highest.png
  • highest.svg
  • low.png
  • low.svg
  • lowest.png
  • lowest.svg
  • major.png
  • major.svg
  • medium.png
  • medium.svg
  • minor.png
  • minor.svg
  • trivial.png
  • trivial.svg

I think, there should be the same on Jira Cloud.

Like # people like this
Tyson Bickelmann May 24, 2018

Thanks so much I will try out some of those I appreciate the time you took to look into that. I would still like to figure out how I can see what in the folders for Jira Cloud but this was my immediate need and you have provided the solution thanks again.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2018

Hi @Tyson Bickelmann,

these five icons are the standard Jira priority-icons available out of the box. Any other icon you might see was uploaded by an administrator of your instance.

You can see all available priorities in your administrator's section:

http://<your-jira-url>/secure/admin/ViewPriorities.jspa

Suggest an answer