how do I reduce the list of projects shown in Greenhopper or make a favorite list? v5.7.1

Esther Puente Säld July 31, 2012

as a project manager working in a , I need to monitor "my projects". It is a large R&D organization so we have many projects running in parallel. So the list of active projects is long. How can I make this list shorter, so that it only shows the projects I am interessted in? Something similar to the list you can see in the "Porjects" tab.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2012

Hey Esther,

The list depends on the list of projects that you have permission to Browse. If the project permissions can be set to be a bit more restrictive, then it will show only those which are relevant for you.

And for those which are not in use, it can be even more stricter to take out all users from the Browse permission.

0 votes
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2012

I believe that if you are using the 'Classic Planning Board' you will not be able to configure the board to filter.

You can monitor projects you are working on in general with the "watch" feature which can (if set up correctly) email you notifications when changes are made within the issue.

You can also set up a separate Rapid Board and configure (as suggested above) to filter by a label or component of your choice.

0 votes
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2012

Hi Esther,

You can add a filter to your GreenHopper Rapid Board which will show you a smaller list of projects making it easier to manage.

In order to add a filter you need to first decide what you want to filter on (this is really up to you, I might suggest assignee, component, or label).

To add a Quick Filter:

1. Navigate to your GreenHopper Rapid Board

2. Click "Tools"

3. Select "Configuration" from the drop down

4. Select the "Quick Filters tab"

5. Name your filter

6. Create a query (e.g. label in ('[x label name]') )

Hope this helps!

Esther Puente Säld October 9, 2012

It is not really what I am looking for.

I am working in the Planning Board, when I need to change project there there is the full list of projects of my organization (>100).

I would like this list to be shorter, just showing my "favorite" projects.

Suggest an answer