how do I pre-populate feature key on script-runner field in Create issue story dialog?

Venkatesh Bhureddy June 4, 2020

Hi all,

I am using scriptrunner field which is user picker type.
I am trying to populate issue key (which is feature of type) on create issue dialog while creating story.

how do I pre-populate feature key on script-runner field in Create issue story dialog?

Jira version: 8.3.3

Script runner version: 5.7-p5

could you please suggest any possibility answers. 

1 answer

0 votes
Piyush_Annadate June 5, 2020

What key should be displayed in that field? The key is created post the issue creation.

Venkatesh Bhureddy June 5, 2020

Hi @Piyush_Annadate

below is my use case: I am using Two issue types 1. Feature  issue type and 2. Story issue type 

Feature issue is already opened in view , there is create story link in more drop-down, when I click  create story link the feature issue key needs to populate in one of the drop-down field on create issue dialog.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Piyush_Annadate June 9, 2020

Hi,

You may need to have a script field other than user picker. Here's you may need to have a script in the field that it will take the 'about to' linked issue for the story i.e. feature list.  Else, once you create a story, it would be linked to (if creating from link) - then you can fetch this linked issue value to the any field you want.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.4/jira/scripted-fields.html

Suggest an answer