how do I delete a custom field from a field configuration?

neil1967 July 1, 2013

I am using jira 4.4.4, and want to delete a custom field from one of my field configurations while leaving it in another. I want to do this because jira requires you to set a field to required in order to get rid of the "None" option in a dropdown field. I have it set to Required in one field configuration, but don't even need the field in the other. I've removed it from all screens in the other field configuration and hidden it, but still I have that irritating "None" in the screens I do want it to appear in. How do I fix this?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013
0 votes
neil1967 July 4, 2013

removing none is easier!

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

to hide none, set default value for that field and make it required on field configuration, i hope it will resolve your problem

or

if you want remove 'None', check the doc here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=330795312

0 votes
neil1967 July 1, 2013

Would love it if you could tell me which file.

0 votes
neil1967 July 1, 2013

I both removed the field from the screens I don't want it on, and I hid that field in the field configuration I don't want it on. The problem is, unless you list it as required in ALL field configurations, it has the annoying "None" option in the dropdown list.

What is the solution to that?

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013

You can remove the none option by editing the file behind the vm file. Its in the templates/plugin/fields directory structure. I can find the exact path if you need/want it.

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013

In your field configuration you can just "hide" the field (make sure that its not required). This means that the field will not be visiable for the project in question, but will remain there for the other project. It won't show up on the screen even if it is listed, so it will still be ok for the two projects to share the same screens

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013

You don't have the option to remove the field's from field configuration and i don't think it requires also, just you have to remove fields from screens where ever you want.

if you want to make field required do it on required field configuration

Suggest an answer