how do I change the name of a group?

Eric Mitchell March 23, 2012

I would like to change the names of the groups below but I cannot find where this can be edited. Is this even possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2012

Its not possible in JIRA. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1391 for more details. The same applies to onDemand I would think!

1 vote
Marleen.Kluijver August 8, 2020

Is there an update on how to change a group name?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2020

No, it's not changed.

Tom Lakerveld August 13, 2020

Well there is a more detailed explanation about changing the group names.
I haven't tried to run the update queries myself, but maybe it's a solution for you

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-rename-a-group-in-jira-968662365.html

-Edit-

Always make a backup of your database before running these update queries, as mentioned on the page this is not an intended functionality.

Marleen.Kluijver August 13, 2020

Thanks I see this request is under consideration

1 vote
Laxmipathi Varma March 14, 2018

Hi There, 

Is there anyone found any way to change the group name ? 

If not, it's really a serious bug on Jira folks. Kindly some one let me know if there is a way

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2018

Nope.  See Jobin's link.

Given the age of it, I'd say it's way down the list of priorities for improvement (it's not a "bug", there's nothing broken or wrong, it's just not something they've done)

Like vaja morgarp likes this

Suggest an answer