how can o change the issue scheme?

hitani November 12, 2020

Hello I would like to change the issue type scheme.

how can i do this to my project without loosing the information in?

thank you 

haybat 

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

You can just change the scheme as much as you want.  It will mostly not directly affect your data.

If you do something that means data migration is required, then Jira will walk you through that.  If, for example, you remove the issue type "Thingy" from the scheme, Jira will look for any issues of type "thingy" in the project and ask you what you want to move them to (e.g. "wotsit".  I

There is potential for data loss when you do this - if thingy and wotsit have different configurations, then there are some things that might mean extra migrations

• If they have different workflows, you might have to change the status of existing issues
  • If they have different field configurations and/or screens, then some data may become hidden from you
  • If they have fields with different contexts, then data in a field with a context for "thingy" will be removed if there is no context for the field in "wotsit"

So the answer to the question "how to do it without data loss" is actually "Mostly do nothing, but if you remove an issue type from a scheme, make sure the new issue type  has all the fields you want to keep and that its workflow at least has all the same status as the issue type you are going to delete"

Suggest an answer