how can i trigger an event when i change one issue from one issuetype to other differente issuetype?

Hi

When i move an issue from one issuetype of one project to other different issuetype of other project, i need jira sends email about the change to users of the original issue.

how can i do that? i tried with the event move issue but it doesn't work

thx

2 answers

Hi Percy,

Jira sends mail notification's when outgoing mail is configured.

JIRA ADMINISTRATION> System> Mail> Outgoing Mail

Did you configure outgoing mail in jira..?

If configured but still not sending the mail check Mail Queue.

You can flush the mail queue to send out pending messages immediately to your mail server.

Notifications Troubleshooting

it doesnt send mail whe use the move option . i checked the mail queue. i think that move event doesnt work

It's firing the event in my systems.

Does your notification scheme have anyone set up to get notified on move?

0 vote

Hmm.  I get an "issue moved" event when I do it.  Are you using the "move" option or just editing the issue type in an edit screen?

I use move option to change one issue from Y issuetype to Z issuetype. but it doesnt send the event that i use when i change issues.

How do you know the event is not being fired?  Have you checked the notification scheme?

i checked the mail queue when i moved the issue but it never showed me the mail of change. i'm using the event issue move (system) and i setted that it sends email to select user customfield that i indicate when i create the issue that i want to move

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,189 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot