how can i make user to use only one project?

yossi shlomo April 21, 2015

Hi,

i am admin in my jira.

we have many projects and users, how can i make "limited user" to be active in only one specific project?

i want the user to have only permission to specific project (create issues and etc...) and by that he couldn't see the other projects.

2 answers

0 votes
yossi shlomo April 25, 2015

i know that we have 3 basic project roles :User, developer, administrator .

i will explain my self better.

i have created new user named : xxx

after user xxx log in to JIRA , i want him to see only one project , how can i do it?

i try to do it like you explain to me but its not working.

Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2015

You can do it by put him in the User project role. if you didn't change anything in the default he should just see the project he is in a project role Maybe check the roles of the project. if the group JIRA-users is also the Project role users - that's the reason why he can access every project because every new user is also in the jira-users group to log in.

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2015

Hey yossi,

you could use the project role permissions instead of group permissions.

Advantage of this is that project roles are restricted to this very project and not global like groups in the permissions scheme.

f.e.
Project roles 
User, developer, administrator
User can browse project, edit, comment and more options.
Developer can additional schedule and resolve issues.
Administrator can administer the project on top off that. 

This construct should work out in most cases.

And then add your users / groups to the roles in the specific project they should work in.

Hope this can help you.

Greets
Simon 

Suggest an answer