how can i hide project types from being created in JIRA

Rick Doig January 13, 2015

Hi, I am using JIRA v6.3.13 . I want to hide the project types in the select project type screen from all users. I want users to only be able to create the software development project type and not be presented the different project types that can be created. Is there any way I can modify the Select Project Type to only allow the one project type, or is there any way that I can just default to create the software development project type and not present the user with the Select Project Type screen?  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2015

The project templates are all written as modules in plugins - that means you can actually disable them by turning off the modules that provide them in the Manage Addons -> System page

The bad news is that the modules are scattered - not all in one plugin (from memory, two in JIRA off-the-shelf, then Agile adds a couple, and I think there are quite a few more).  And I can't remember what the plugins are called!  Beware - I don't know what happens if you turn the whole plugin off - I'd stick to just disabling the modules you don't want.

Suggest an answer