Proj2 --> Training, Duplicate, Other

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2012

As Nic already suggested, you can only restrict it based on workflows. And that is really helpful in most cases because most likely you will have different workflows for different issuetyes and such.

Have a look at jira.field.resolution.exclude and jira.field.resolution.include properties mentioned at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

Maintaining it is the key thing.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2012

You can't.

You can get close, but it's by *workflow* rather than project. It's also vastly ugly and a mess to maintain, and should be fixed properly.

Lots more information on both of those statements at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821

selvamanis October 24, 2012

could you say how can i achive either of these

1) resolutions by issue type

2) resolutions by Workflow

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2012

You can't do 1, that's why the issue I pointed at exists.

What you do is create workflows which have limited resolutions (see the issue I pointed at for details towards the more recent comments) and then associate them with issue types.

Suggest an answer