how can i capture the email address a ticket was sent from?

BEN FRIEDMAN February 17, 2021

Hi,

i have a setup where tickets in jira software can be created over email.

i would like to email the person who created the ticket (via automation), but i didnt see how i can capture their address?

thoughts? 

the end goal is to allow email based communication on a ticket within jira software.

1 answer

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hi @BEN FRIEDMAN,

I'm guessing you are using Mail Handler to create Jira issues from the email inbox. Jira will set the reporter to a default reporter (if you have configured the Mail Handler in such way) or it will try to match the email sender to the existing user in your Jira instance.

• If you are using default reporter, that means Jira would not know who is the sender anymore after the issue creation.
  • If you are mapping the email to an existing user, then you can find the email address from the Jira user account. If you are using the Automation, basically it would be sending an email to the issue's reporter.
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Info: Deafult Reporter cannot be set for SD Mail Handlers.

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2021

I was hoping that it's Jira Software based on the tag - jira-software-cloud

LOL, thanks for the heads up!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events