how can I configure "sent notification mail" during bulkchange

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

In our Jira (5.1) system not every user who can make a bulk change can uncheck the checkbox "Send mail for this update". Where can this behavior be configured?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

Hi there,

When bulk changing issues in the issue navigator, actually only administrators or project administrators has the ability to reconfigure the "Send mail for this update". This information is as per specified in the following documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues#ModifyingMultiple('Bulk')Issues-DisablingMailNotificationforBulkOperations

From the documentation:
"It is possible to disable mail notification for a particular bulk operation by de-selecting the 'Send Notification' checkbox in the bulk operation wizard. In order for this option to be available, you must be an administrator or project administrator of all the associated projects on whose issues the bulk operation is being performed."

However, apparently I believe that this feature may not be configurable, hence only administrators or project lead may have the ability to disable the mail notification when bulk updating issues.

I hope that the info helps.

Cheers.

1 vote
Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2013

There is an open request to add this feature: JRA-10962, created 25/Aug/06 11:41 AM. It's been 6 and a half years, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Patrick S
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

This need came up for me at work today, and I'm glad I stumbled across this hilariously salty comment. The details of the minute the request was opened are great.

A friend jokingly asked me how old the task was, speculating 2017, as though that were old, but my oh my did we get a good laugh. We've crossed 16 year mark folks, this bug can drive!

Suggest an answer