how auto send email notification when fixedVersion field has been updated?

Maria Burrows February 12, 2019

jira sd v 3.3.0

I need to setup auto email notification for a particular user when the fixedVersion field is updated.  Anyone able to suggest how I might do this?  

We have scriptrunner, but I am not sure about setting up listeners or  where I should find which import statements should be used.

Is there some other way to use versionMatch regexp in a simpler script or something similar, and then send an email notification  ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Maria

2 answers

0 votes
Maria Burrows February 17, 2019

Hi Petterson

I have installed the Automation lite for JIRA plugin.  and setup a rule  which is working..however i cannot get the changelog parameter to work.

I have tried the following variations and the only ones I can get to give a result are #1, 3 and 4

1. {{issue.summary}}
3. {{issue.fixVersions}}
4. {{issue.fixVersions.name}}
5. {{issue.versions.first.name}}

6. {{#changelog.status}}{{fromString}}{{/}}

7. {{#changelog.fixVersions}}{{fromString}}{{/}}
8. {{#changelog.fixVersions}}{{toString}}{{/}}

{{issue.summary}}
{{#changelog.fixVersions}}{{fromString}}{{/}}

Result 1 =  Test 1 mb - what happens now?

Result 3 = 16706

Result 4 = Version 2.2

Obviously i have tried quite a few variations with not luck.  Would you be able to make some suggestions here?

The other thing too about this product . To use the 'Send Email' function I had to use the PRO version.  Which is chargeable after trial period.  I didnt see anything about "300 free executions per month".   

thanks heaps ,

Maria

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2019

Hello Maria,

For an easy solution without needing any scripts, I recommend you to use Automation lite for JIRA plugin (300 free executions per month) where you can configure the following rule:

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 17.12.45.png

Let me know if this is the option you are looking for.

Maria Burrows February 14, 2019

Hi Petterson,

That looks to be exactly what we are looking for.  I will check it out and update thies ticket.

Thanks so much for your response.

regards

Maria

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

You are welcome, Maria.

We will be waiting for your answer.

Suggest an answer