help with a date filter

Claudio Guzman April 21, 2023

Friends, I need to make a filter that allows subtracting two dates and if that date is equal to or less than a value let it be "X" and if it is greater let it be "Y" to be able to make the graph, I need your help, thank you very much

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Claudio Guzman and welcome to the Community,

From your description, it seems that you are trying to do something that is not possible in JQL. Calculating with dates and conditionally doing something else is not supported. Maybe using a reporting tool that lets you use formulas or exporting your data to excel may turn out to be feasible workarounds, but can you be more specific about what you are trying to do here?

Hi Walter.

I am trying to calculate the difference between a real date and an estimated date and get a result. I want to graph this result, that is, if it meets the determined range, display it in one column and if it does not meet the range, display it in another column. I hope my explanation helps to really know if I can make this type of graph in jira, regards.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

That is not something you'd be able to do with standard, out of the box reporting gadgets in Jira. It looks very much as if you're trying to do some delivered on time type of reporting, which you probable want to run across multiple issues at once?

That type of reporting is possible with more powerful reporting tools that allow you to manipulate the data while rendering your reports.

Like Claudio Guzman likes this

Thanks for your help Walter

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events