heavy customization how to???

ReliableITConsulting November 27, 2019

Hello Everyone,
I have a couple of questions for you:

1. How to edit this view and replace it with the custom view (sidebar overview of task) - https://www.screencast.com/t/0crkcCPPzqcz
  2. I've created about 20 custom screens and I want to transfer them from one cloud instance to another. How to do that?
  3. If I want to create separate screens for one task type - for example one screen for creating the task and another for next 3 steps of the process and then third for concluding (documenting) the task. I can set them to change via workflow transitions, but what other steps I need to do? I've tried in multiple ways but this doesnt work for me. I was able only to set up different screens for create/edit/view using the screen scheme, but i want to go more granular here.

2 answers

0 votes
ReliableITConsulting December 4, 2019

Hello Nic, Everyone,

1. Is there a way to remove/disable it then? Maybe replace the action with Edit issue in a new tab or at least View issue in a new tab? On some of the custom screens, I've created half of the options from that sidebar that are not used and will be just confusing for regular users. 

Example use case:  I made a custom meeting type task and screen. For that one (and many others) Components, Affects and Fix Versions and description field will be totally useless and might confuse users. In general, this view is just "persistently" coming up for me and taking the space I need for the board columns to be displayed neatly.

2. This is very disappointing, Doing 20 screens with 10-40 custom fields by hand is totally inefficient. I might want to partner up with a developer to build this script, but in that case I'd prefer to have it as a standalone plugin that would create those customized screens than a copying script. (aka I'd prefer to exclude original JIRA instance from the equation). Any advice on this?

3. If I understood well enough - if I have a custom screen with 3-4 tabs (relevant to transitions of that task) I'll need to make one custom screen with all of them together, and then for each transition separate screen for each tab. The all-tabs-together screens will be used on Create/Edit/View and separate ones on relevant transitions. What I wanted to do is to show Custom issue/Tab1 while issue is created, Custom Issue/Tab2 while it's in progress or blocked, Custom issue/Tab3 while issue is in review and so on......so not just at the moment of transition but whenever I click on view or edit the issue in those statuses.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019
  1. You don't.  That panel is not customisable.
  2. Manually.  You'll need to replicate them by hand, or possibly write a script that reads from one Jira and writes to the other.
  3. Create/Edit/View are always the same screen for each action.  Transition screens can be different for each transition, and are used during the transition they are associated with.

Suggest an answer