getting different status results for same ticket

getting different status results for same ticket.

when we query the ticket with filters i am seeing the status as verification needed.

but when i open the same ticket directly the status is verified could you plesae help on thischecking ticket directly status is different.PNG attaching the screen shot.

please check the status in both the screen shots which shows different for same ticket


2 answers

There is no normal reason why a status would be different in the View screen than in query results.

We once experienced something similar when an issue had been reported just as we were publishing a new workflow. The issue was stuck in an indefinite status and couldn't be transitioned out.

Your issue might be corrupted in some way. Try a Move operation on that issue. You can move the issue to another project or issue type, and then back again to the original project and issue type.

If that doesn't resolve your problem, or if there are multiple issues with the same problem, I suggest you open a ticket with Atlassian Support. They can look at your logs and backup data if necessary and see if there's corrupted data.

0 votes
Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Jul 03, 2015

Searches go to a Lucene index while the view issue page goes to the database.  Inconcsistent results like this indicate that the information in the Lucene index is stale.

There may be a more serious underlying problem here, but if there is a single issue affected that you want to fix, the easiest way is to make a superficial change to the issue, like adding a label to it or editing whitespace in the description.  This forces the index to be updated, which would make the results consistent again.

I would have typed something saying the same myself, but I'd emphasise the point that there may be a more serious underlying problem. Indices that don't match the database strongly suggest a structural problem. The usual suspects are server interruptions (accidental reboot, power loss, forced kill of JIRA), bad code in plugins, bad code plumbed into scripts, or the favourite - someone has written to the database outside JIRA (Hint - don't. Don't ever do that)

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions.

For temporary we moved the tickets to different project and added to the same project it worked.

Permanently we fixed this issue by doing full reindexing.






Ah, no, you have probably not "permanently fixed it" - you don't know what the *cause* of the broken index was. Because you don't know the cause, you haven't changed anything to fix it, so you could easily end up with more broken issues. You may not see it again, it may have been a one-off cause. But you don't know that.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Jan 08, 2019 in Jira

How to Jira for designers

I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...

959 views 3 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you