finding a custom field in Jira

Deleted user June 27, 2011

Hi.

I have a problem with a certain workflow. In some steps, some of the transitions fail because a post condition is set up to copy a value from some hidden field i cannot find. This here is the function class used:

com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.CopyValueFromOtherFieldPostFunction

If I understand this correctly, this is something from Jira Studio. So my question is, is it possible for me to find somewhere what is setting the value of this custom, purportedly hidden field?

if i remember, this happened once before, when we upgraded from Jira 3 -> Jira 4, and then it was Greenhopper's fault.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2011

That function is actually from JIRA Suite Utilites. If there is a condition (or post function, as it seems to be in your case) that is preventing a workflow from operating correctly, I would delete the offending function and publish the changes. Then, you can test and the workflow behavior by transitioning through each step and determine if you still need the copy function.

0 votes
Federico Rose July 7, 2011

Or else, you could try adding that custom field to your project.

Just add it to your Field Configuration Scheme. In case that Custom Field doesn't show up, you can check the CF configuration to check if it has been configured to appear only on certain projects and issue types. If so, make it visible to your issue type and project.

Regards,

Ripka

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events