find jira version on cloud

I am unable to locate JIRA version # on Cloud while looking in  system > troubleshooting and support .  See attached image.   I need this information to help troubleshoot an issue with Xpand IT.

JIRA System SCreenshot.JPG

3 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

You're on Cloud.  So it's always "latest". The answer "Cloud" should be all Xpand IT needs to know.

The version number doesn't matter, it's updated every few days, and is diverging from the Server versions anyway.

Help Icon >  Jira credits. The retro pixel graphics shows the version number at the top left corner. The current version now: 1001.0.0-SNAPHSHOT

You can find the current version by selecting the help icon

image2016-12-13 16:4:38.png

then from the menu of options

image2016-12-13 16:5:17.png

Select About JIRA and this should show you a screen similar to the following

image2016-12-13 16:6:8.png

It is worth noting that this also gives you the version numbers for all the plugins installed as well as JIRA.

I looked in that location, ( ? ) > About JIRA and found under the License Information for JIRA > JIRA v1000.962.0. So I'm on version 1000, lol? I was looking for something like v6 or v7 since I'm on Cloud, but I'll take Nic's word for it in the accepted post.

They used to show you the date at which the last update happened but now the only way you can determine that is by the fact that you wake up one morning and find something has got broken in the night.

Last nights release managed to break our site logo... 

Help Icon >  Jira credits. The retro pixel graphics shows the version number at the top left corner. The current version now: 1001.0.0-SNAPHSHOT

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,006 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot