filter which identifies all comments with my name and I have not responded

Marcus, Louis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 5, 2024

How do I create a filter which identifies all @ mention comments I have not responded to

3 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Hello @Marcus, Louis 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Your requirement cannot be met with native Jira JQL functionality.

You can search for the issues that have a comment that contains a mention of you by using the Comment field in your filter.

However there is no native JQL function to let you search for issues based on the authors of comments.

There are several third party apps that extend the capabilities of JQL. Are you willing to consider getting a third party app to meet your requirement? Or do you have such an app available already? One such app is ScriptRunner Enhanced Search. You can look in the Apps menu to see if you already have that one. If you want to check for others you can search the Atlassian Marketplace for other apps that extend JQL capabilities.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=jql

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2024

Hi @Marcus, Louis ,

Welcome to the Community! There seems to be this feature request where you can vote for this functionality: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-27594

It's been open for a few years though...

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2024

Hello @Marcus, Louis  Do you have scriptrunner add-on? 

You can search for mentions but if you need to search issues you did not comment on, I think you need that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events