filter to see tickets that are closed but missed a status

Michael Littlewood December 10, 2020

I trying to build a filter to see any tickets in a date range that missed a status 

so list tickets in this date range that did not get QA ed and right to UAT etc

I want to see whos following the process and whos not 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Hi Michael,

without wanting to look overly smart and while this is surely only stating the obvious I just wanted to say if you can adjust workflows in a way that prevent transitions like that - enforcing users to go through QA.

I assume at the moment there are transitions from many (all?) status to many status (all?) possible.

Using Validators and/or Conditions you could also create transitions where a special team is allowed to do a transition directly but others have to follow a defined workflow.

Cheers,
Daniel

Michael Littlewood December 12, 2020

Thank you that is where I am heading I want to be able to saw management the issue the where and the who, I feel its better to come with the solution as well as the problem, I knew some of the devs where missing a step, my first task was to find out how much. 

Its a work in progress 

Thank you for all the help 

now I am looking for QA SOPs to help me build a processes from scratch. 

Regards Mike

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Michael Littlewood ,

The "CHANGED" operator is used to find issues that have a value that had changed for the specified field.

status = closed and status was not in (QA,UAT)

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/

Michael Littlewood December 12, 2020

Your been a great help thank you so much, 

Regards Mike 

Suggest an answer