filter syntax for currentUser() in a list field

Alexander Reum February 21, 2018

Hi,

in my jira (7.6.1) I have a custom field called "Co-Assignees". It is a multi-user picker that an author can use for adding assistants to a task.

I'd like to define a filter that gets me all issues where the current user is either the assignee or a co-assignee. Unfortunately the following doesn't seem to work:

assignee = currentUser() OR currentUser() IN Co-Assignees ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC

It seems that the IN operator does not accept a function as left operand. Is that right or am I doing something wrong? Is there an alternative way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alex

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

@Alexander Reum

Hi Alex

did you try

assignee = currentUser() or <CUSTOMFIELD>  in (currentUser())

assignee = currentUser() OR Co-Assignees in (currentUser()) ...

Cheers

Kurt

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

I know it sounds slightly backward but I agree with @Kurt Klinner that this is the right syntax.

~~Larry Brock

Alexander Reum February 22, 2018

Dear Kurt and Larry,

thank you for your help. It works perfectly. Actually I did try to swap the operands, because I saw it elsewhere, but it didn't work because I omitted the parentheses around currentUser().

So, if I interpret your solution right, we're making a 1-element list out of currentUser() and look for an intersection with Co-Assignees? Atlassian's JQL documentation should really mention that capability of the IN operator.

Alex

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

@Alexander Reum

Glad that it worked :-)

Parth Bharadiya August 17, 2022

Not working for me. It says below error.

An option provided by the function 'currentUser' for the field 'Developer[Select List (multiple choices)]' does not exist.

Suggest an answer