• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

filter query and backlog

i just added a filter query on my board which sorts my tasks by their priority, after that i can't move my tasks in backlog and this error occurs, and when i order y rank, my tasks are not sorted by their priorityWhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 13.00.39 (1).jpeg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Yes, that's correct.  If you want to be able to order a list, you need it to be ordered by a value that gives each item a unique position in the list, which can then change when you re-order an item.

You can't do that with priority (or, in fact, any other field in Jira).

Imagine a simple case - you have three issues in a backlog, ordered by priority:

Priority = medium

Priority = medium

Priority = medium

If you move the third one up above the second, what do you change the priority to that tells the "order by priority" tto sort them differently?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you