fields selection

Harish_Kumar April 7, 2017

Hi Guys,

Suppose if there were two fields "X"  &  "Y"

If i select certain option in "X" field then "Y" field should popup with a certain option... that is to be pre assumed option?? can we implement this?? then how .. please give brief in detail..

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

Ok, do you mean the list of options available to the user in field Y changes?  Or that Y is automatically set because of a change in X?

If it's the first case, then you can use a "cascading select" field to do that.

If it's not that case, or you need more from the field, or it's definitely two separate fields, then you're looking at coding, or, better, finding an add-on to do it.  The Behaviours module in the ScriptRunner add-on enables that sort of field linking, and there are several field add-ons that do it without you needing to write any scripts at all.

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

I'm not sure which version of JIRA you're using, but here are a couple of suggestions I can think of.

• There is the default custom field type called Cascading Select. This field has two dropdowns - depending on what you choose in the first dropdown, the second dropdown has a separate list of values. It's not 100% exactly what you're looking for, but I think it might be a step in the right direction, and you can use this option without any additional add-ons.
  • There's also the Behaviors add-on - I believe you could configure the functionality you're looking for with that add-on.
    • This add-on supports JIRA 6 on Server only - no cloud version is available. Also, for versions after 6.3, it appears this plugin was combined with ScriptRunner (Server version only).

Suggest an answer