external comment triggers a status change

Rob February 1, 2021

Team...I'm trying to write a rule that will trigger a status change if a agent asks the customer for additional information or a question. This does not seem to work...any suggestionsScreenshot 2021-02-01 152658.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Rob, i wonder if this is the proper procedure. You indicate "if a agent asks the customer for additional information or a question" however, making a public comment does not necessarily equate to a NMI or question to the customer. Sometimes an agent may be making a statement "all if going well just wanted to update you....". In that case you would not want the issue to transition to W4C. Rather, I use a Respond to customer transition which presents the agent with an opportunity to add the request for MI or question on the way to the W4C status. Conversely, you do want to have the issue transition back to W4S if the customer comments when in WFC status. Just my $0.02 here. If you still want to achieve this transition LMK.

Rob February 1, 2021

99.9% response to the customers are either questions or having them try a work around..either one of these should transition to W4C which pause the SLA clock until there is a response by them...then transition to WIP (work in progress) which I have a rule for already. Having the agent to remember to transition manually is less than 99.9% ;0)

Not sure what MI or NMI is...sorry

Rob February 1, 2021

Jack...I would be interested looking into respond to customer function if I there is some document to review to see if this is a better way to proceed.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

well it is better for me but that doesn't necessary mean it is for you. ;-)

In the default (?) workflows there is generally a Respond to customer transition in the workflow. Basically, in new issue view the Agent simply selects W4C which invokes the transition. But ultimately it all comes down to your exact workflow. I reserve the public comment for just that a public comment sans the transition. My thinking is that it allows me to have my cake and eat it too. But again, you should go with what meets your needs. 

Now back to your request there is rule in the library that is a good starting point and that my be where you went for ideas (When a comment is added --> update the status). Can you look at the log and see where the rule is escaping?

p.s NMI = need more info and MI = more info.

Rob February 1, 2021

Thanks for the info Jack...I think I will keep things way they are but investigate and do some testing to see how it feels...considering we are moving to more nex gen projects i can see how it fits. OBTW did you see rule I have already attached...I have circled the area that maybe the issue.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

yes saw that but at first blush it looks alright. did the logs indicate that did not pass the condition?

Rob February 1, 2021

looks like it didnt triggerScreenshot 2021-02-01 170847.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events