enable automatic "mentioned by / mentions" linking between Jira stories

Alexey December 12, 2019

HI Team,

i have used an on prem Jira in my earlier projects and if i am not mistaken there was a feature where a link is created automatically between Jira stories if user mentions one story in another. We are currently in JIRA cloud and i am missing this function alot, as in almost all cases when i mention something in a story i am also creating a link manually.

Here there is a mention of the "global rule" but i can't figure out whether it is available in cloud:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Link-mentioned-issue/qaq-p/882995

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2019

Hello @Alexey

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the feature to automatically link issues when mentioning them is not available in Jira Cloud yet, however, we understand how this feature would be useful.

That being said, we created the following feature request to get this implemented for Jira Cloud:

After mentioning an issue, prompt to link

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer