emojis or images in custom fields

Charles Delaporte June 15, 2021

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to insert emoji or images in a text custom field for Jira cloud?

Would appreciate your help!

Thanks 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@Charles Delaporte - yes!

• In Windows, press Windows-period and start to type in your emoji.
  • Otherwise, you can find your emoji online, copy it, then paste it into any input form in Jira.
Charles Delaporte June 15, 2021

Awesome, thanks Dave 👍👍👍

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@Charles Delaporte - glad to help!

Be sure to try adding emoji to board quick filters, too! 🍻

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

p.s. out of the box, you can't insert images into custom fields. You can attach images to issues, of course.

You might be able to get a Marketplace add-on for a custom field that handles images, but not sure.

Sara Tucker August 22, 2022

Anyone know if there are plans to allow us to use Atlassian custom emojis in Custom fields? 

Custom emoji info -https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-custom-emojis-to-help-describe-an-issue/ 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

@Sara Tucker - you can't use those exact emoji as a custom field value (or a custom field name), but you can use equivalent ones.

For example, :cat: (cat face) has the emoji equivalent of 🐱

If my answer doesn't help, can you elaborate on what you're looking for?

Sara Tucker August 23, 2022

Makes sense but I was hoping to add my own custom emojis using the new feature in Atlassian that lets you create your own custom emojis in confluence/jira and then leverage those within custom fields. 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

@Sara Tucker - ah, gotcha! Unfortunately adding custom data (new emoji, images, etc.) as custom field values would need to be handled by a Marketplace app (if such a thing exists).

Like Sara Tucker likes this
1 vote
Dario Andres Palminio Choy August 13, 2021

What I did was add an emoji image, directly; with copy and paste 👍 ... etc.

emiji in custom field jira - daro.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events