eazyBI "Issues closed" measure

mfreirem
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2023

Hello,

After making a massive update of the value of a field on some issues, a project automation was triggered automatically.

The result is that the status of all these issues has changed to “Closed” (even though they were already “Closed”).

Now, when we generate the eazyBI report, using the measure "issues closed", we find all those issues closed on April 12.

My questions are:

• Would it be possible to either recover the previous “Closed Date” or replace that date in all those issues? What’s the name of the field where the “Closed Date” is saved?
  • How could I achieve the same result (replicate the "Issues closed" measure) taking another date (Real End date) into account?reportDefectos.pngMeasuresDesarrollosEntregados.png 

Thanks and Regards

Monica

1 answer

0 votes
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

Hi @mfreirem

eazyBI considers "Issue closed date" as the last date when the issue transition to statuses that are defined as "Closed" in data source import options: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira#DatafromJira-Statusesandhistory

This field is defined only in eazyBI. 

You may want to use the issue's historical dimension and measures to get the date when the issue first transitioned to the status closed. Use this formula to create a new measure in the "Measure" dimension and get the first date as property:

([Measures].[Transition to status first date],
[Status].[Closed],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)

And use this formula to create a measure that you can use instead of "Issues closed". It will count issues by when they first transitioned to "Closed" status. 

sum(
  Filter(
    DescendantsSet([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
      DateInPeriod(
        ([Measures].[Transition to status first date],
        [Status].[Closed],
        [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember),
        [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
      )
    ),
    [Measures].[Transitions to issues count]
)