each checkbox CHOICES point to different Label jira automation

Rustam Piriyev March 30, 2022

each checkbox CHOICES point to different label jira automation,

for example if customer choose Salesforce in ticket so open it will be choose salesforce label

cbox.jpgcbox1.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Rustam Piriyev , welcome to the community.

So are you asking how to set up automation to add a label according to the value in a Checkbox custom field? Assuming so then you should be able to accomplish this by using an If/Else condition block...

Trigger - issue created

condition - if/else check for each value in checkbox and set label accordingly 

now with the solution aside I wonder why you would want to add a label that mirrors the value of a check box? Just wondering if that is even necessary. What is your end goal with the label?

thanks for your answer, question is how can use if/else for each value. Maybe you have some example? 

It is for find tickets with label status and we need some statistic for this. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

I don't have an example of a check box because I haven't even use that in sometime. However I'll provide something that should work for your checkbox is an example. It should be fairly straightforward.

1. Choose the if/else condition
  2. choose Issue field condition
  3. choose your custom checkbox field
  4. choose equals in the Condition
  5. enter the desired value in the Value field
  6. save that and then repeat 2-5 for each else condition for each value

I was going to insert an image but there is a weird bug in the Community when working from an iPad/iOS device.

thank you very much, but i used Forms there for chechbox, do i need change this and create custom checbox field? because i cant see forms field to use in this list

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Ah...that is an important bit of info. I do not believe Automation will support inspecting a form field unless that field is associated to an actual Jira custom field.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

thanks you very much for helping me Jack! have a nice day

Suggest an answer