eSignature for Jira

Marty Angstreich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2024

Question for the hivemind: I need an eSignature plugin for GxP compliance for our Jira Cloud environment but it needs to use passwords not PINs. Cannot find anything on the Atlassian Marketplace that seems to do the trick, was wondering if anyone has first-hand knowledge of one that we can use that satisfies that requirement. Really appreciate the assist. TIA!!!

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Cairns - Digital Rose
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2024

Hi Marty,  this is Chris from Digital Rose, the vendor for eSign for Jira. 

@Brant Schroeder is correct that eSign for Jira supports a one-time Signature Pin.   It can also be configured to allow a persistent Pin that can be reused for a configurable period of time.  Although the default persistent pin is a 6 digit number,  users can reset it to be a unique/long complex value (e.g. like a password).

For eSign it is important to note (for requirement review) that the Signature Pin by itself is not sufficient to sign.   First the user has to authenticate with Jira cloud (username+password) to access the Jira issue page.   Then the third factor (eSign Pin) is  applied to execute the signature.   In our experience this has been shown to satisfy  electronic signature requirements.  

We would be happy to have a conversation with you and your regulatory team if that would be helpful.  Contact us at support@esign-app.com.

Regards,
Chris C
Digital Rose

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2024

@Marty Angstreich Welcome to the Atlassian community

Unfortunately I do not believe that there are any that require you to use a password.  This one requires you to use a randomly generated pin sent to your email each time https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221581/esign-electronic-signatures-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

@Marty Angstreich can you please accept this to help others?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events