dynamically filter a list of stories based on attributes of the parent epics

Echo Idalski October 16, 2019

I'm looking for a way to dynamically filter a list of stories based on attributes of the parent epics.

For example, epic x, y, and z were created by reporter A.  Each epic contains stories.

I want to return all stories within epics x, y, and z, and any other stories that are created within those epics later regardless of who creates them.  In addition, new epics created by reporter A should also be returned, as should any stories that are created (again, by anyone) within the new epics.

What I have tried: 

• I have looked for a field for something like "epic link reporter," but haven't found any that contain the necessary information.
  • I have attempted embedding queries: Issuetype = Story and "Epic Link" IN (issuetype = Epic and Reporter = user.name).  The result was an error.
  • I have attempted to use saved filter results as an attribute in a new filter.  I couldn't get this to work either.  For example, Issuetype = Story and "Epic Link" in [insert filter name here, where the filter results are the epics whose stories I want to return].

Does anyone know if there is a way to solve this issue?

Thanks for any help!

0 answers

Suggest an answer