during transition update a custom user field with selected user from a role

kalim7 October 25, 2019

Hi All, is it possible to update a custom user field with a selected user from the given role during a status transition using post function?

eg. I have a custom user field called QA Assignee. During transition to QA status, I want the ticket to be assigned to QA lead (i managed this using post function to assign the issue to a user in 'QA Lead' role), in the same transition I want the custom field 'QA Assignee' to be updated by one of the users in 'Tester' role. There are 5 testers, so they need to be selected in sequence. If possible I would like to find out the number of issues they are in as 'QA Assignee', and add the least number user to current ticket's 'QA Assignee' custom field.

Please help.

thanks,

Kalim

2 answers

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2019

Hi @kalim7 ,

if the usage of an additional app is applicable for you, I'd like to suggest having a look at Jira Workflow Toolbox.

Besides tons of other out-of-the-box functions, it provides the following:

leastBusyUserInRole("projectRoleName")

This function returns

... the name of the active user playing project role with name projectRoleName in current issue's project, and has the lowest number of issues with resolution empty assigned

and can be used in the Update issue fields post function.

FYI - I belong to the vendor of the aforementioned app.

Cheers
Thorsten

kalim7 October 29, 2019

Hi @Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_ surely your suggestion is 100% match to my requirement. But my project team is small. I am not sure if I will get approval to fund this. I will try.

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2019

Hi @kalim7 

Do you want to achieve this by an app from Marketplace or by your own plugin?

I mean there are several methods to implement such a post function.

kalim7 October 29, 2019

Hi @Tuncay Senturk , thanks for your response.

Due to small team size and I can not afford app from the marketplace. I own just one team project in Jira.

I need to achieve this with some plugin. I am comfortable with PHP (if PHP script with post function can be utilized here).

thanks,

Kalim

Suggest an answer